Thursday 30 April 2015

Blood Donation

So I have recently been 'barred' from Giving Blood. I have had 2 sessions where I became poorly during the donation process and apparently my body cannot cope with being a blood donor as with some people there is just no explanation for becoming unwell. A nurse reckoned that I may have low blood pressure which could be a factor but I am hoping that one day I will be considered to be allowed to Give Blood again. I am appealing to those out there that are sat there thinking 'perhaps I could donate' or 'why haven't I done that yet?' It is an incredible thing to do and I am sure those that have received blood will know the importance that there was that someone else had Given Blood to help them and it even saves lives. I know if I had a friend or relative that needed blood I would be extremely grateful to anyone that had donated for giving those people the chance of recovering from illness or injury. For more information on how to become a donor (if you are in the UK) please visit www.blood.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment